I had a great time tonight! Just a few weeks ago Mom & Kiki planned a trip to Portland for a quick visit with me. I was excited to have them fly in tonight. They took an early evening flight which allowed me to work a full day before picking them up. I wish I could have taken the day off work, but I think we managed to do a lot of stuff tonight. After checking into the hotel (totally cool that they upgraded us to a huge suite), we walked to Mama Mia Trattoria for a beautiful dinner. I ordered the pizza because I was dying to try the house-made mozzarella. Delicious!
We walked around after dinner and found ourselves at Barrel Room. We really enjoyed the dueling pianos show. We didn't stay long, but they played some great songs. The crowd was really going wild during Cee Lo Green's "F*** You." This was my second time checking out their show... It's still not my favorite for dueling pianos, but I love that they have a guitarist and drummer to call on stage to perform more rock-y songs. That makes it fun.
I don't remember the name of the place, but Mom got a coffee at one of the food carts with late-night hours. I'm not a coffee drinker, but I need to go back to this place because they serve Belgian waffles. It smelled so delicious. :-) Our evening ended at Henry's Tavern with a final round of drinks and a cup of soup for Kiki & Mom to split. I have to work tomorrow so we don't get to spend the day together, but I'm looking forward to the evening...
Finished another mystery today. Shocker, I know. This one was John Sandford's Rules of Prey the first in the Lucas Davenport series. One thing I really appreciated about this book was Sandford's attention to police procedure. I think those details are often overlooked in mysteries - especially in popular television programming like CSI. I also enjoyed the characters so I wouldn't mind picking up the next book in the series to see where it takes me.
No comments:
Post a Comment