Not much to say about tonight. I had to work a full shift today so I didn't get to spend too much time with Mom & Kiki. They dropped me off at my winery and did a quick tasting before heading out to the coast for the day. They picked me up at the end of my shift and then we met Eddie at Hopworks Urban Brewery. We actually ate here for my birthday the last time my mom was in town but she liked it so much we wanted to go back tonight. Dinner was great and came with some surprising news... The TVs around the bar announced the death of bin Laden. It was very surreal getting that kind of news at a bar.
We made a quick stop at Voodoo Doughnut for a fun dessert before heading back to the hotel. Eddie joined us at the hotel where we sipped on some wine and watched the breaking news unfold. Oh. And Kiki gave me her old iPhone so I started setting that up. It's definitely going to take some getting used to, but I think I might actually learn to like it.
If you're curious about the doughnuts... From left to right: Eddie's Voodoo Doll; my "no name" (raised doughnut w/ chocolate, Rice Krispies, & peanut butter drizzle); Kiki's plain sprinkle; and Mom's chocolate & peanut butter (not sure what the name is).
My media mention is a show Eddie and I finished a couple weeks ago. Top Chef All Stars was great this season! I was bummed that Casey & Jen didn't make it further in the season, but I was pleased with the outcome. I wish they would have let the final face-off include the final three chefs because I would have loved to see what Antonia could have come up with. I think my favorite part was watching the reunion show with Andy from Bravo. I had no idea Antonia was so cursed when it came to her teammates! Hilarious. I also loved the Marcel auto-tuned clip. Very funny stuff they put together.

No comments:
Post a Comment