Friday, December 10, 2010

"That's Just About Enough Figgy Pudding, Actually"

Thought I'd get this one
after four good interviews
Their answer was no

Heather dropped the bag
Milk's fav'rite cookie on floor
O-R-E-uh-oh

Eddie helped me write that second haiku after I dropped an open package of OREOs.  What fun!  Oh, on the way into work this morning, I drove past a crazy scene.  A car drove through a stone wall at one of the motels in Newberg.  The car crashed through what seemed to be the front office.  Eddie checked the news and we don't think there were any fatalities, but it was kind of creepy to see.  When I passed, there were two ambulances, a fire truck, and four cop cars on scene.  I know this isn't uncommon because I handled 1-2 of these calls each year with my last job.  It's just crazy to think that a car could come barreling through the storefront where you're shopping.

Work passed by rather uneventfully after that.  I don't normally work on Fridays so I didn't know how bad traffic would be close to Portland so I thought it would be fun to hang out in wine country before heading home.  I pass by this one pub on my way to work and thought it would be fun to check out.  As it turns out, Lil' Cooperstown has a great happy hour menu from 3-6 P.M. daily.  I ordered a big margarita (pint glass sized) that was made with freshly squeezed lime & orange juice and had a fat hot dog with fries for $3.95 each.  Excellent happy hour deals.

My intention was to finish my book at the bar before journeying home.  I loved the ending of Message in a Bottle because it was very appropriate for the characters.  And I'm not sure how or why, but I think this was my second time reading this book.  Too many of the scenes seemed oddly familiar and I'm 99% certain I have not seen the movie.  But my memory is faulty, so who really knows?  I enjoyed this book.  I was in the mood for a love story and this fit the bill.

1 comment:

  1. What's the first haiku about? That second is golden.

    Maybe the book seems familiar but you're just thinking about the song ;) I hope Sting made a cameo in the novel.

    ReplyDelete