Wednesday, December 15, 2010

"Survivor"

Man.  These short stories in the book I'm reading are not getting any better.  The very first story was laugh-out-loud funny and none of the others have come close to that.  But I keep pressing on.

Eddie and I had a fun play day.  :-)  We took advantage of the break in the rain to walk downtown.  I had a Groupon for Nordstrom Rack so we started there and I got two new tops while Eddie found a new pair of dress shoes.  Then we went to the movie theater to (finally) watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, part 1. I think this might be my favorite movie in the series so far.  I think it was just really well done.  I'm also really excited that after four years, Eddie has finally gotten into this series.  I don't think he'll be reading the books, but at least I have him to be my movie partner for the last film.

Eddie surprised me on the way home with a trip to Carafe for happy hour.  We went here for dinner about two months ago, and I thought the food was fine, but slightly overpriced.  After today's experience, I believe all future visits must be during happy hour.  They have great food and drink specials - $5 cocktails and several food items ranging from $1.95 - $5.95.

Downtown living fun
walk to shops, movies, and bars
Portland is awesome

1 comment: