Not much to report now that I'm back in Portland. Things have been slow, but I'm fine with that since I am sick - yet again. Eddie and I had a quiet little dinner at home last night. I asked him to pick up some fresh bread so we could do an olive oil sampling. We wound up only trying two different oils last night - my mom's home-infused oil and a local Willamette Valley oil. The WV oil was kind of grassy and not my preferred oil for dipping. But Mom's was great! It has a big pepper kick and is great for dipping.
Eddie and I also took this time to catch up on Hell's Kitchen and watch the season 8 finale. I was happy to see Nona make it through. I was worried at the beginning that she would be kicked off in one of the early weeks, but she pressed through. Plus Chef was always very impressed with her palate. FYI... I'll have one more Gordon Ramsay-related review coming in the next week or so. Sorry about that...
No comments:
Post a Comment