Saturday, December 25, 2010

Happy Christmas

Merry Christmas to all!  I guess I was a good girl this year because Santa was very good to me.  I got a Kindle with a really cute pink plaid skin to go with it.  I can't wait to finish the paperback I'm working on so I can start using the Kindle.  I played with it for a bit tonight and love it so far.  I do think it will be weird getting used to reading on it, but hopefully that won't take long.

The day was pretty quiet.  I woke up early and then went right back to bed for a nap.  Kiki came over a little early so we started watching Love Actually.  I hadn't seen that movie in years so it was fun to sit down and watch.  Very cute.  We kind of missed the end though because my mom arrived and we couldn't keep Joshie at bay so we had to open gifts.  Then we had a quick dinner before I had to leave for the airport.

My flight turned out to be great.  I was worried when we were told we'd take off thirty minutes late, but then the captain came on the PA system when we reached our cruising altitude and explained that all the turbulence we felt was due to a 100mph tail wind that was going to get us to Portland ten minutes earlier than our original scheduled arrival time.  That was pretty darn cool.  Fortunately I had enough time on the flight to finish reading An Irish Country Christmas.  I bought the book at PDX when I was heading to San Jose and was determined to finish it so I could sell it back to the store for 50% credit tonight.  I wound up purchasing a new mystery to check out so I'm looking forward to that.  I didn't care for the book all that much, but I did wind up liking the characters by the end.  I realized that it's the third in a series so I may give the first book a try and see if it's something I'd be interested in keeping up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment