Yay! Finally done with all the short stories. I was starting to feel obligated to write everyday, and it wasn't much fun. Happy Christmas Eve to all. Went to the gym this morning followed by a trip to Pizza My Heart. Yum. The manager was really nice and gave me a free soda without marking it on my stamp card. I made it back home in time for a quick shower and change of clothes then Darlene, Josh, and I headed to the cemetery. We placed some yellow roses (of Texas) on Nanny & Granddad's grave. Side note: I just learned that the yellow-colored roses we placed are not actually the Harrison's yellow flower aka yellow roses of Texas. Interesting.
Then the three of us rushed off to the movie theater and met Joe, Nicholas, and my mom. Joe has the hookups so we got in for free and had free popcorn and drinks. I didn't come in with super high expectations for Little Fockers because I was worried about the series kind of being dead. But the Ben Stiller & Robert De Niro interactions are still hilarious. I don't think I laughed as much during this one as I did for the first two, but this one had its moments. Like the auto-tune clip at the end. Awesome.
After the movie, Mom and I went back to her house to get ready for Kim & Dan's Christmas Eve party. We made some bruschetta with my mom's homemade infused olive oil and headed over with a bottle of wine. The party was great even though Kiki couldn't make it out. It was fun catching up with the few cousins of ours who were there.
No comments:
Post a Comment