Thursday, December 23, 2010

"Buy Humbug"

I think I'm finally ready to talk about this collection of short stories I've been reading.  I have one more to go, but I have something else to review tomorrow and I highly doubt that the last story in the book that I have yet to read is going to change my opinion.  I bought The Worst Nöel from Costco two years ago thinking it would be a funny holiday read.  Unfortunately, only one of the stories made me laugh and only two or three others had me smiling.  Most of them were rather dull reads.  I also felt that most of the authors had very similar upbringings so their stories seemed too similar.  I dunno.  I guess this book is not your typical Christmas read, so for that reason, it's good to have.  But it really wasn't that entertaining.

On to some fun!  Today was pretty lazy.  I met up with my cousin, Sarah, and her daughter, Emma, around lunchtime.  I got to play Santa's helper for Nonna and delivered some gifts for them.  Emma opened her cute pink travel suitcase / backpack while I was there.  Unfortunately I couldn't stay long though because I had to meet up with my friend, Jenn, and her son, Zaiden.  I also got to see Paul, Alex, and Jenn's parents so it was a really great visit for me.  Zaiden wanted to watch Finding Nemo so we had that playing in the background - and now I want to watch that movie since I haven't seen it in a few years.

I didn't do much today and yet it passed very quickly.  By the time I got home, the family was having dinner.  Then Darlene and I got to work baking cookies.  Okay...  Darlene did all the work while I just made the first half of a batch of German chocolate cake cookies.  I'm really hoping they turn out well.  I've never made them before, but Nonna found the recipe and really wanted to give them a try.

1 comment:

  1. I was just saying today to my friends that I really don't like any compilation books of short stories. They seem so promising in theory, but never turn out good in reality.

    Those cookies sound DELICIOUS! I hope they turned out good.

    ReplyDelete