Wednesday, December 22, 2010

"Rum Balls"

We got a late start leaving the hotel today.  By the time we all got up and moving, breakfast was out of the question.  Kristen was on a mission to try a good deli, but the one she directed us to was not what she was expecting so we ditched those plans and made our way to the Ferry Building.  We checked out all of the shops and I bought some yummy olive oil from Stonehouse.  

We decided to have lunch at Gott's Roadside.  Mom and I ate here last year when it was called Taylor's Automatic Refresher.  I just found out that the name was changed because Taylor's was already taken so the Gott owners renamed the restaurant after themselves.  I think when I tried them last year I had the mini corn dogs.  Mom and I split a bacon cheeseburger and chicken strips so we got to sample more of the menu.  We also had regular and garlic fries which were both yummy.

We got back to San Jose in the early evening and I spent the rest of the night hanging out with family.  Josh read me one of his school books and then he and I watched Home Alone.  One of my favorite movies and definitely one of the best holiday movies out there.  I never got into the sequels though - as with most movie franchises the original is the best.  I don't have much planned for tomorrow so I'm looking forward to a relaxing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment