Saturday, October 23, 2010

My Birthday :-)

10/23.  Today was a great day!  Partly because I was celebrating my birthday - the big 27 - but mostly great because my mom flew up to visit for the weekend.  Her flight landed in the late afternoon so I picked her up and we drove straight to Aunt Mary's in Silverton for dinner.  My cousin, Sarah, was visiting with her daughter, Emma, from San Jose so it was a great reason to get everyone together.  My mom got to meet the newest addition to the family, Alexia, so that was also a nice treat.

After dinner we headed home to figure out what to do.  We were thinking about heading out for drinks, but I was actually pretty tired and ready to wind down so I suggested opening a bottle of wine at home.  We had the perfect wine on hand because two years ago, Eddie and I did a big road trip through Northern California and my mom joined us for the last leg of our journey.  We spent a night in Santa Rosa and did some time wine tasting where we came across Limerick Lane.  Lo and behold they happened to have a wine called 1023 - named after the address of the vineyard in Healdsburg.  Mom bought me a bottle with the intention of opening for my birthday.  Unfortunately, I dropped the ball and forgot to bring that bottle when we met in Denver for my birthday last year.  I just kept it in the back of my mind and planned to save it for another birthday.  So it was perfect that we could open it tonight and share it with my mom and Eddie since it was the three of us who discovered it.

Time to wrap this up.  Today's media mention is a book I bought about a year ago thinking it would be a fun read.  And it was.  On What Grounds is the first book in Cleo Coyle's Coffeehouse Mysteries series.  I found it to be a mix of Janet Evanovich's and Sue Grafton's styles.  Just a light and easy read.  A great book to read in the bath - which is exactly what I did.  I'm already near the end of book 2 and I purchased the next few books in the series so I'll have some fun reading coming my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment