Mom and I had the whole day to spend together courtesy of my supervisor for finding someone to cover my shift. We started out with a nice walk along the waterfront trail and then did some shopping at Gap. I got a few new tops to wear to work. Then we walked through the rain to get to Powell's so I could sell some of my old books. Unfortunately they only bought two of my books, but it was enough for me to purchase one of Gordon Ramsay's books so I was happy. Since we were close, we then stopped at Deschutes for lunch.
It was just mid-afternoon when we finished lunch so my mom suggested seeing a movie. I knew we were close to the Living Room Theaters so I was excited when my mom realized we could see Machete there. I didn't know what the movie was about, but I like Robert de Niro and Jessica Alba, so I thought it would be fun to see. I laughed so much because the violent action scenes were so cooky - like Pulp Fiction & Kill Bill meet Sin City. My mom enjoyed the theater as much as I do. They have a nice food menu as well as a full bar. I have only ever had their popcorn though and that is a fine treat.
After the movie we had to walk home to meet Eddie and figure out our dinner plans. The first half of the walk was fine but then we got dumped on with rain. It would have been wise to take the Streetcar home, but then hindsight is always 20/20. We were drenched and not in the best mood when we got home so we did not feel like braving the rain to go out again. Eddie offered to go to the store and get some stuff for dinner. He returned with taco / burrito and margarita ingredients so we had a little fiesta at the house. My friend, Jason, from Southern California happened to be in our area on a road trip with his dad, so he stopped by for a few hours. I hadn't seen him in about six years so it was great to catch up after all this time.
No comments:
Post a Comment