I really treated myself to some much-needed fun. My day began with an interview for a tasting room position with Sake One in Forest Grove - the only sake brewhouse in the United States. I thought the interview went well, but the best part was tasting through the sake flight with Tony. I have never been a big sake fan, but Eddie and I always order it when we go out for sushi and rice. I've only found a handful that I really like, but I must admit that I loved all of the ones at Sake One. I purchased a half bottle of Asian pear flavored sake. Delicious. :-)
I probably should have gone home after the interview to start packing for the move, but I wanted a little adventure so I went wine tasting on Highway 47. I just started driving south from Forest Grove and stopped at the ones that sounded nice. Plum Hill with the cute gift shop (30% off fall & Halloween decorations right now), Patton Valley Vineyard with some nice estate pinots and beautiful artwork on display from Louis Delegato, Elk Cove VIneyards with the amazing dessert wine, Ultima, Kramer Vineyards who roasts coffee beans, Adea where I had the best tasting experience with Christina, Lenne Estate because they are my neighbor at Soléna, and finally Laurel Ridge Winery who makes a fabulous cabernet franc port. A very fun day indeed!
What did I do after all that? I can assure you that I did not do the responsible thing by packing. No, no. I plopped down on the couch and watched In Her Shoes. I had heard great things about this movie from friends, but I think I went in with my expectations too high because it was a bit of a let-down. I did find myself really understanding Toni Collette's character though.
No comments:
Post a Comment