Monday, October 25, 2010

Hopworks

Unlike yesterday, I could not get out of my shift today.  Fortunately my shifts are fairly short so I had my mom drop me off at work today.  I gave her a quick tour of the winery and then she took my car to explore McMinnville and the wine country area on her own.  She came back to my winery just before the end of my shift at 5:00 so I could pour her our flight of wines.  After I closed up, she and I sat in the lounge chairs and enjoyed a small glass of wine before leaving.

We picked up Eddie at the house then headed to Hopworks Urban Brewery for dinner.  Nonna gave my mom some money to take us all out for a nice dinner with dessert so I thought this would be a fun place for us to go.  I think I found my favorite burger up here.  This is the only one I have found that rivals Deschutes (sorry, no picture).  After dinner we went to Belmont Station which is a beer shop we took my mom to during her first visit out here a few months ago.  She loves this place because they sell her favorite Val-Dieu Grand Cru.  Though they don't have it on tap, this place lets you purchase bottles and then they will open them and serve them for you in their bar.  I thought this was a fun way to spend my mom's last night in town.

For today's media mention, I'm going to draw on something from work.  We have a five-disc CD player at work that has held the same five CDs since I first started working there.  But I don't mind because one of the discs is Natalie Merchant's Live in Concert which I totally dig.  I remember my mom playing her Tigerlily album and I was familiar with all her big hits, but she is one of the few artists that I really enjoy listening to live.  My favorite on this album is her cover of David Bowie's "Space Oddity."

No comments:

Post a Comment