Lauren took me out to celebrate my birthday tonight. I suggested going to Henry's Tavern, our regular spot, because they sent me a lovely birthday coupon for happy hour prices at any time. We quickly learned that it was a bit of a bum deal because they do not have any drinks on their happy hour special - just food. I ordered the mac n cheese with a big side of delicious waffle fries and started with a very sweet mai tai. An interesting older gentleman was sitting next to Lauren and chatting with her for quite a bit, but when he found out it was my birthday, he bought us a round of birthday cake shots - very yummy. Probably the funniest point in the evening was when this man complimented her for her "high altitude." Yeah, we didn't get it either...
I started a new book today, so that will suffice for my media mention. I was a bit disturbed with the ending of the first chapter in Neil Gaiman's American Gods. Even Eddie found the passage disturbing when I finished reading it to him. So a bit on the bizarre side so far, but at least I'm enjoying it more than the other awful book I started a few weeks ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment