Thursday, October 14, 2010

Cuvee

Date night!  Eddie met me in Carlton after his shift and I was able to close up and get out by 5:05.  Eddie suggested Cielo Blu for an Italian dinner.  When I asked why he didn't want to do Cuvee for French food, he explained that they had nothing on the menu for me.  But I already knew they had fries on their menu and I wasn't terribly hungry, so I was able to convince Eddie to go for French fare.  But they didn't open until 5:30 so we had a glass of wine at Cielo Blu first.  I definitely want to do dinner there too at some point.  Cuvee was a fun dinner experience because we had an awesome waiter and we were the only customers in the dining room until out dessert was served.  Eddie really splurged on our dinner and ordered us a really nice Gewürtraminer to go with my piping hot cone of fries.  I chose our dessert but it was way too rich for me.  Still a very nice date-night dinner for us.

I'm not really up-to-date for my media mentions.  Mostly because I can't stand the book I'm reading.  But I'm not ready to review it.  I'll mention it when either I finish the book or decide it's a waste of my time and give up.  So my mention for today is a movie I watched with Lauren the other night.  We had another cheese / cracker / wine night at her place and watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.  Unfortunately I really have nothing to say about it because I was a little too tired to watch it and it didn't hold my attention well.  I'll probably add it to my Netflix queue so I can give it a fair chance when I'm wide awake.

1 comment:

  1. We have that movie. You just packed it. Details, please.

    ReplyDelete