Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween

I really love this time of year.  Fall is just beautiful with all the trees changing color.  And then it's my birthday.  And then it's Halloween.  So much fun for one month!  I kidnapped Lauren for the evening and we made our way to my friend, Geneiva's party.  Oh my goodness some of these costumes were awesome!    Our fabulous host was dressed as Rosie the Riveter - and the costume came complete with the infamous "We Can Do It!" backdrop.  Other favorites of mine for the night: the scrabble letter, the Will Ferrell "more cowbell" guy, and the Chilean miner complete with wife and mistress on his arms to name a few.  These were all great homemade costumes that made me feel lame for wearing something that was purchased from a party store.

Unfortunately Lauren and I could not stay long because we were busy socialites and had another party to attend.  We made a quick pit stop at my apartment and then walked up the street to Jenny's place for party #2.  Eddie's costume survived the rain which made me happy.  For the past two months he was going on about wanting to be the phantom of the opera so I was stoked for him that we were able to pull it off.  We made his plaster mask ourselves at home last night and it actually turned out pretty well.

And my media mention for the night is pretty lame.  Jenny & Mathias had an old VHS tape playing when we arrived - House II: The Second Story.  Granted, I really wasn't paying attention so I shouldn't technically be reviewing this, but from what I could tell, the best thing about the movie is its title.  It does feature a very young Bill Maher so that was fun to see.  I was never able to get past the ultra low-budget feel of the film.  And perhaps I'm just bitter that this movie has been released on DVD when one of my favorite cheesy Halloweenish flicks, The Bride of Boogedy, has not.

P.S. Happy birthday, Kiki!  :-)

1 comment:

  1. :) thanks for the bday wish. You should watch Clue. I always wanna watch that movie when it's raining and I feel like a silly who-done-it movie.

    ReplyDelete