Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Pizza & Beer

Eddie and I met up with Sandra & Bob for another fine meal.  We checked out Hot Lips Pizza in the Pearl District.  I ordered the $6 any slice + beer happy hour special.  I got the pepperoni slice and gave Eddie the smoked porter so I could drink the blueberry soda off the tap.  Eddie shared a huge pizza with Sandra & Bob.  Man can those boys eat!  I loved my huge slice of pizza on a deliciously thin crust.  So yummy.  And the blueberry soda was a great treat to go with it.  I'm excited to return to Hot Lips and try their other local fruit flavored sodas.  Eddie was the only one who actually had beer with dinner.  The rest of us held out for a round at Deschutes just a few blocks away.  Sandra fell in love with their Black Butte Porter on this trip - she ranks it right up there with Guinness - her all-time favorite.

Eddie and I walked to Hot Lips from our new apartment to check it out and see how long it would take.  It was about a 35-minute walk for us.  Not too bad, but I know we won't want to do that when it's raining.  Since we live in the free-rail zone for the Portland Streetcar, we decided to use that to get home tonight.  It only took fifteen minutes so that will definitely be convenient for us.  I was happy to get home that much faster to have more time to read my book.  This is another book I got at Costco but this one cost $4.89 - 40 cents more than the last book.  It's turning out to be quite the page-turner for me.  I'll have to talk more about it when I finish it...

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, it was really good. :-) I'll have to take you there the next time you come up and visit. Hopefully soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. want.that.pizza. -Janet

    ReplyDelete