Eddie and I made plans to have dinner with Sandra & Bob tonight. They are up visiting from Huntington Beach and exploring the Portland area all week. Sandra did a lot of food research for the area and suggested going to Pok Pok for Southeast Asian cuisine. I was boring and just noshed on the sticky rice ($2) while the rest of my party shared sweet corn, pork ribs, fish noodles, and other interesting dishes. We even splurged on dessert after dinner. Sandra had the ice cream sandwich - coconut ice cream with jackfruit topped with chocolate & peanuts sitting on a sweet bun. Not my thing. Eddie and I shared the whiskey soda float - housemade bourbon ice cream with cola. That was pretty tasty.
Eddie and I got the keys and signed the lease for our new apartment so we're spending the night there. Since today was busy with the lease paperwork, dinner, and moving in I did not have time to watch or read anything so today's media mention is something Eddie and I did yesterday. We watched the season finale of Top Chef. I must say that this was my least favorite season of the show. I never did really connect with any of the contestants and I didn't have any favorite going into the finale. I guess Eddie and I were kind of rooting for Angelo since he brought some attention to Sokol Blosser for winning a quickfire challenge with their Evolution wine.

i agree with this season of top chef...but angelo is nutso. a wife in russia? a recent divorcee? him just somehow having been exposed to everything by his parents? and here i thought he was gay..lol. -Janet
ReplyDelete