I had an awesome evening tonight! Lauren invited me out for her girl's night out / birthday celebration. I had work in the morning so I met everyone at Henry's Tavern in Portland for dinner. I know I've eaten way too many burgers this month (ugh), but I had another one for dinner tonight. It was just okay. Maybe next time I'll ask about the mac n cheese on the menu... Dinner service was fairly slow, but we didn't mind because we were all having a great time.
After dinner we walked to Departure, the rooftop bar Lauren was excited to check out. We were there a little too early for it to be happening, but in a way it was nice because we were able to enjoy the view. We were up on the 15th floor of some hotel near Pioneer Square. Unfortunately you can't tell we have a good view from my pictures. Oh well. The drinks were on the pricey side, but when you go to a trendy place like this, you're paying for the location & atmosphere. About halfway through our first round of drinks, Lauren started laughing about how little she felt she fit in there. And I must agree. We are not a part of that über trendy club scene. I was starting to feel pretty glad we were there too early for it to be crowded.
So we finished our round of drinks and sought out another bar. We found ourselves back in NW at Couture Ultra Lounge. This was another swanky place, but this one had great music and funnier people to watch. And the bartender makes a mean kamikaze! These tasted exactly like a frozen lemonade you'd find at a county fair. It was so yummy. :-) And then it was time to wrap up the evening and walk back to the cars. I'm pretty sure Lauren had a great birthday celebration because I had an awesome time.
All that being said... I feel totally lame writing my media mention. I was looking for a movie to watch on Netflix and saw that True Lies was available so I thought it would be fun to see the Governator in his movies. I lost interest pretty early in when they had the drawn-out fight scene in the public restroom. It reminded me too much of Kindergarten Cop. But KC's bathroom fight scene is so much cooler because of the "You're not so tough without your car, are ya?" line. One thing I would like to add: I remember hearing that Jamie Lee Curtis is a hermaphrodite so I decided to research that. According to Urban Legends, Snopes, and Wikipedia this is only a rumor. So I promise to stop talking about it as if it were fact. Not that Jamie Lee Curtis comes up often in my conversations, but we did discuss this very issue last month in San Diego. And now I wish I had thought to research the facts before we talked about this.
try the long kiss goodnight for old corny action movies...plus geena davis has a rad shot glass scene in it. :) -Janet
ReplyDeleteThanks, Janet. I haven't seen that one yet. It is now in my Netflix queue. :-)
ReplyDelete