Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Get Your Hot Dogs

Today was a successful "Sunday."  Eddie and I were on a mission to scope out apartments in SW Portland today.  We mapped out several that we were interested in from our online research so we parked our car in lower SW and walked around the area for a few hours.  We toured several communities before we had a chance to break for lunch by PSU.  We decided to check out SuperDog on SW Park.  Eddie ordered one of the fancy dogs and I had a plain beef dog on a white bun.  The dog was cooked superbly - plump, hot, and juicy - and the bun was incredible.  I'm still not sure exactly what kind of bread or roll it was, but it was perfectly chewy and was hand-cut when I placed my order.  And everything in the shop was affordable - even the beer.  Just $3.75 for specialty microbrews.

Fueled with a good lunch, we set out for the second half of our search.  It started raining so we decided to head in and call it a day.  But I insisted on visiting one last community - RiverPlace Square.  I am so glad we went there because it was definitely the best apartment we've found.  Very cheap price for the location and one of the better floorplans we've seen.  We even filled out applications and put a hold on the unit so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

The rest of our night was pretty lazy - except for the thirty minutes we spent at the gym.  We watched an episode of Throwdown with Bobby Flay where he actually wins!  According to Wikipedia, he only has 31 wins to his 65 losses.  And let's not forget the one tie.  Apparently people like his lasagna.  But the other episode we watched tonight was the eggplant parmesan throwdown that he lost.  Probably because he insisted on adding peppers to make the marinara sauce spicy.  Eddie and I think we could make a good drinking game out of watching any Bobby Flay show - just take a drink anytime he mentions using any pepper as an ingredient.  Just watch - your drinks will add up fast...  Especially if you add a two-drink rule for any mention of poblanos or ancho chiles.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment