Tuesday, September 14, 2010
The Two Minute Rule
Eddie and I were supposed to have date night tonight, but I canceled because I hadn't felt well all day. And I figured we'd be better off waiting for tomorrow when both of us have the day off work. I know it's been a few days since I've had anything fun to blog about, but I just haven't gotten out and about to have anything worthy to say. I promise that will change tomorrow. So for now I can at least entertain you with my next media mention. I finished reading Robert Crais' The Two Minute Rule tonight. One of the ladies in my Orange County book club recommended this author to me over a year ago so I started reading the books in his Elvis Cole series. They are just fun mysteries to read. The Two Minute Rule is the first novel by Crais I've read that doesn't star Elvis Cole or Joe Pike. I don't think he developed the characters very well in this book, unfortunately. I was rooting for Holman and his son the whole time, but I could never get into Pollard or really "believe" her romantic interest in Holman. One thing I did enjoy about the book was reading about bank robberies since most of the mysteries I read deal with kidnappers and murderers so that was a fun change of pace. And I'm thrilled to report that I bought this book used from Powell's at a very cheap price. :-) And if Eddie takes me downtown for our date tomorrow, I'll get to sell it back to Powell's and buy something "new."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment