Today's adventure rocked! I had plans to hang out with my friend, Justine, today and she suggested taking a drive to the coast so of course I was down for that. We left Beaverton around 2:00 P.M. and stopped for lunch at Silver Salmon Grille in Astoria. We were able to get some cheap happy hour eats and I snuck a picture of The Goonies poster.
After lunch we continued down the coast and went to Seaside which is a lovely beach town - much like Santa Cruz, CA without all the rides. They do have a carousel, bumper cars, and a tilt-o-whirl - oh and an aquarium so there's enough to do. I bought a pound of salt water taffey for $5, had a fresh waffle cone with bubble gum ice cream, bought Shaunna's Christmas present (a little early, but it was too perfect to pass up), and Justine and I split a deep fried Twinkie. I had never had one, but let me tell you it is delicious! So light and fluffy and very, very yummy. :-) After all that we sat at one of the benches on the beach and had fun people-watching.
So that just about wraps up this post. Unfortunately we didn't actually have formal plans for visiting Astoria, otherwise I would have done some online research for sights since it is home to two of my favorite movies (The Goonies and Kindergarten Cop). But we can always go back another time... And now it seems I need to get to bed so I am refreshed for tomorrow's adventure. While driving back home tonight, Justine suggested we take advantage of the long weekend and drive to Idaho and visit her friends. So I think we're going to do it! Gotta pack and get some sleep.
Nitey nite! :-)
Sounds like a fun time! I tried a fried Twinkie once at the Santa Cruz boardwalk. It was yummy. I guess it's no different really than a fried cream filled donut. Definitely a once in a while kinda treat! :)
ReplyDelete