Eddie and I recently decided to make Tuesday night our weekly date night. We've never set anything up like that before and in some ways it feels too stiff and formal. But I also think it is a good thing for us to be doing. Last week was our first official one and it was Eddie's responsibility to plan. He took us to Wankers Corner Saloon in Wilsonville. It's a restaurant we saw advertised on the side of I-5 our very first day driving up here with the U-Haul. Of course the name made us laugh so we knew we had to check it out. It turned out to be a fun place - Chili's meets Jimmy Buffett and Goat Hill Tavern where you can throw peanut shells on the floor.
Tonight's date was planned by moi and I decided to class it up a bit - not much, but a bit. I have been begging Eddie to go to a movie with me. He's not anti-movies, he just rarely sees one advertised that's worth paying to see in the theaters. But I am the type of person who loves the entire movie experience from the popcorn to the surround sound and the audience reactions. Just to put things into perspective, before tonight, the last movie Eddie and I saw together in theaters was Sherlock Holmes! And before that it might have been the Batman movie. Too few and far between. I'd prefer to see a film at least once a month so I'm going to try to make that happen with these new date nights. Well the only movie out right now that Eddie had any interest in seeing is Toy Story 3 so I timed it right and we got to see it in IMAX 3-D (hence the funny glasses in the photo). I was actually quite impressed with the movie. They didn't try too hard to pump adult humor into this - though I do think they could have been okay to make more references to Ken's sexuality. All in all... an enjoyable movie. And really good in 3-D. I was worried about it hurting my eyes because sometimes I have a hard time watching things in IMAX. But the 3-D effects were done so well. Instead of objects popping out towards you they mostly made objects go backwards to give you a better sense of depth.
But the date didn't end there. Since the sun doesn't set up here until well after 9:00 P.M. we had plenty of time after the movie to go for a walk. We came home first to pick up a softball and our gloves and then we walked to a park that's about a mile from our house. We pretty much had the park to ourselves which was nice and just had a fun time playing catch. This photo is my blurry action shot of Eddie throwing to me.
That's nice. I want to go to Wankers next time! :) I also want to see Toy Story3!
ReplyDeleteHaha. Yeah we should take you to Wankers next time. :-)
ReplyDeleteI was wondering what was going on with Shelter Island.
ReplyDelete