Saturday, July 10, 2010

My Visitors

Shaunna and her mom came out to visit from Spokane, WA today.  They spent six long hot hours in the car just to get here and then they took me out for a beer.  So, so sweet.  I suggested going to Juan Colorado which is a cute Mexican restaurant within walking distance from my apartment.  I hadn't been and thought they would be the perfect people to check it out with.  We had a nice round of very cold beers and good chips then came back to the apartment where Eddie treated us to some good Sokol Blosser wines.  Not the most flattering picture of me, but you can see we're having fun.  :-)

As our catch-up chatter wore down, we decided to put on a movie.  Shaunna's mom came prepared with a copy of The Blind Side.  I was excited to see this one because I bought the book a few months ago but haven't been interested in starting it.  I was also curious to see Sandra Bullock's award-winning performance and I was completely shocked to find out Tim McGraw was her co-star.  He looks so different without his cowboy hat.  Since I enjoyed the movie I will probably bump up the book to a higher position on my reading list.  Should be fun.

Tomorrow is going to be a fun road trip day!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment