What fun we had today! We started out with a special visit to the Sokol Blosser winery where Eddie poured us their delicious wines then gave us a grounds & barrel room tour. Then we headed down to Lincoln City and the coast. Our first stop was to meet with the owner of the Purple Moon Inn because he is an old family friend of Shaunna and her mom. The inn is super-cute and as close to the water as you can get. Shaunna and I want to get a group out there to spend a few days because it would make for a wonderful vacation.
Next order of business was lunch. Shaunna's mom suggested Mo's which is famous for their chowder. I of course did not have that and instead opted for a burger. I figure it's time to get serious about finding my favorite burger joints here. The burger was one of those heavily charred patties that you would expect to find at any beach. While those are not normally my favorite style (I prefer thicker patties cooked medium or medium rare), these super-cooked burgers do have their time & place. And it was served with battered & seasoned fries. :-) In all... A good value for the kind of burger you'd expect to be eating on a hot summer day at the beach.
We headed to Depoe Bay after lunch to walk around and decided to go on a whale watching tour. We just happened to get there a few minutes before the boat's departure time so we paid our $16 and boarded the ship. Unfortunately we did not see any whales, but we were thrilled to be bouncing around in the ocean on a boat. There was a taffy store next to the dock so we dropped in and walked away with a small bag of salt water taffy, a giant bag of cotton candy, and a bag of deliciously warm caramel corn. Such good treats! We walked around for a bit more before heading home.
Since I was out all day I did not have any time to read a book or watch TV or a movie so I have no media mention that is coming to mind. I'm trying to think of a special song we heard in the car but all I can come up with is Def Leppard. I like them. I do. But while living in Southern California, I would only hear their songs come on the classic rock radio station very rarely. Maybe only a couple of times a month. Since Eddie and I have been living in Portland, anytime I listen to 105.9 The Brew, a Def Leppard song will come on the radio. After three months that just gets annoying. We heard "Pour Some Sugar On Me" on our way to Lincoln City this morning. As a side note... Eddie and I can't figure this radio station out. They seem to be obsessed with hairbands. It is the most bizarre thing to be hearing that stuff on the radio constantly. None of my classic rock stations in So Cal or Nor Cal ever played this much hairband stuff. So weird.
No comments:
Post a Comment