Sunday, June 16, 2013

#19 - Complete!

View from the Burnside Bridge
I'm not quite sure how I've made to my 30th year without attending Pride.  Portland Pride was a lot of fun, but I'd be lying if I didn't tell you that I was expecting a little more.  The waterfront park was overflowing with thousands of people, so that was a cool site to see.  Lots of bright colors, rainbows, and blow up unicorns.

The parade itself fell a little short for me.  I realize that I'm generally not a huge fans of parades, but I was expecting a heck of a lot more pizzazz.

One of the cooler things I saw were items from Nike's "Be True" collection.  It's awesome to see a huge corporation support equality!

I left my spectator spot to check out the booths in the main festival area.  I was a little early and some of the booths weren't staffed yet since their groups were still marching in the parade.  Nothing too exciting here, but I did score some purple beads, lube, a beer cozy, and coupons for a few local merchants.  One of the last floats I saw on my way out was dedicated to Rocky Horror - that made my day.

Yes, I'll attend Pride again, but next year I'll find a group of people to with.  This doesn't make for a good solo activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment