Lauren & Erica convinced me to join them for a night out this week. We started out at Departure, a rooftop bar downtown. We had a round of cocktails and enjoyed catching up while looking down on the city. I met their friend, Dana, who was in town for a convention. It was fun catching up, but it was even more fun people watching. There were a lot of interesting characters out here...
We picked up another friend and headed to Barrel Room, a dueling piano bar / outdoor dance club. We started out in the dueling piano bar where we enjoyed a great show. I've seen better dueling piano performances, but even if the entertainers aren't that great, it's still fun to sing along with some great hits. And a round of kamikazes always makes the night great!
To change things up, we ducked out of the piano bar lounge and headed to the tented area on the side of the building. There was a DJ mixing some fun hits for this outdoor dance club. It was really cool. We danced off all the drinks and had a great night partying into the wee hours. Too bad it was Daylight Savings and time to turn the clocks forward an hour. I will definitely be going back to this place... I just wish they had dueling pianos every night of the week - not just Sat & Sun.
So a funny thing happened on my way home. Lauren dropped me off at the stairs leading up to my complex. I was fumbling for the keys as I walked up to the front door and was so excited to see the lights on because I thought Eddie actually waited up for me. But when I put my key in the lock, it didn't turn. I started to think that I was an idiot for trying to use my new work key to open the house (my work key looks exactly like the house key). But I didn't panic. I just rang the doorbell. It was then that I looked up and saw the address on the door and realized that I was at our neighbor's. Ringing the bell at 3am! Yikes. I quickly ran next door and unlocked my door and slipped inside before my neighbor could come out and see who was ringing their bell at that hour. Oops.
And a quick media mention for The Templar Cross, the second book in Paul Christopher templar conspiracy novels that I'm reading. I didn't enjoy this one as much as the first book, but it wasn't bad. I just think I had a hard time getting into the setting and it was sad having Peggy take more of a backseat in this novel. But that's because she was kidnapped and the novel is about finding her. I already have the third book checked out from the library and I'm looking forward to starting it.



Sounds like someone may have had one too many kamikazes ;)
ReplyDelete