Sunday, January 2, 2011

All Is Quiet...

...On New Year's Day.  Eddie and I didn't do anything special last night.  Just stayed in and watched the Dick Clark / Ryan Seacrest special.  I'd be lying if I didn't admit to cringing during the countdown.  Poor Dick Clark.  He just can't keep up with all of that after his stroke.

I fell asleep pretty early in the evening as per my usual MO.  Woke up at 7:00 this morning and finally finished reading my first Kindle Book.  The Kite Runner had a slow start for me, but once I got into it, I was hooked.  You can't help but fall in love with the characters.  I need to see the movie now because I am so curious about kite running.  When I worked at Round Table, one of my co-workers was from India and I remember him telling me about the kites with glass-coated strings.  At the time, I thought he was crazy.  Why would you want to hold a kite string dipped in glass shards at the risk of shredding your hands?  Didn't make sense to me.  I guess it still doesn't make sense, but the idea sounds beautiful.  I'm hoping the movie does it justice.




The rest of my day was spent watching Casino.  Yes, just one movie took all afternoon.  I know it's a 3-hour movie, but that alone is not the reason it took all day to watch.  No.  Eddie and I thought it would be fun to finally play our drinking game.  This is something we have talked about for four years - watch Casino and take a drink every time the F-bomb is dropped.  At the time of its release, it had the most uses of the "F" word at 422 uses in its 178 minutes.  That's 2.37 times per minutes, folks.  Yes, it was crazy to try to do.  But we took breaks throughout the day.  Even still...  I owe 187 sips of my drink.  The movie dominated me.  Ugh.





After the movie, I decided to put on The Mayor of Sunset Strip.  I really didn't have any intention of actually watching it tonight - I was just looking for something fun to play in the background.  Turned out to be a great documentary of Rodney Bingenheimer's influence on the LA rock scene.  I was hoping to see more of the Go-Go's in the video, but that's all right.  So now I'm keeping with the theme and listening to Redd Kross as I type this.

No comments:

Post a Comment