Monday, December 6, 2010

King for a Day

Unintentionally I managed to dedicate today's entry to Stephen King.  A few days ago I decided to clear off some of the older unread books on my bookshelves and came across a hardcover copy of Bag of Bones that my mom gave me over ten years ago.  Never read it.  Does that make me a bad daughter?  Oops.  Well I read it this week.  And I have to say that it's not my favorite book of his.  I prefer the olderish stuff like Misery, The Shining, and Thinner.  Was this book entertaining?  Mildly.  But what put me off was the weird interactions with the town's ghosts.  Guess this one just isn't for me.  Maybe King should follow Family Guy's example and write his next book about the "lamp monster."

I was nearly done reading the book this morning when I decided to take a break and watch a movie.  I scrolled through my Netflix queue and realized Dolores Claiborne was available for streaming.  I assure you this was not planned - it just happened.  Honest.  I actually have not read this book but figured I would enjoy the movie since I love Kathy Bates in Misery.  The hobbling scene is a classic.  Poor Paul.  This storyline was much better than Bag of Bones.

I was planning to spend the whole day & night in and help my body get past this cold, but Eddie texted me on his way home and invited me out for pizza with his co-workers.  We met at Apizza Scholls and had a great meal.  Apparently one of their employees visited Sokol Blosser yesterday and invited Eddie's group to the restaurant and offered to not charge us corking fees for wine.  Eddie picked out two bottles of wine to bring and we ordered two very large (and delicious) pizzas to eat.  Since we were on the east side, I suggested going to Vintage Cocktail Lounge so I could spend my Groupon.  We enjoyed a nice round of classic cocktails and great conversation.  Another fabulous night.


Stephen King's novels
are versions of each other
But I still read them

1 comment: