Jamie requested
And I hope to deliver
One haiku a day
But seriously... I'm only going to try to do this through December. And that's going to be tough because I have decided to write an entry each day leading up to Christmas. My inspiration? The new book I'm reading. But I'm not ready to tell you about it just yet. It's a collection of darkly funny holiday-themed short stories. 18 of them. So I took it as a sign that there are 18 days left of Christmas festivities so I will read just one of these stories a day. Today's story is "Donner Is Dead." A funny read about deer and Darwinism.
Pretty quiet day so I don't have much to say. I watched the Walking Dead finale today and I'm not too sure how I feel. My mom suggested I watch this show because she loves it. I didn't care for it at all after the first episode, but decided to persist. By episode three I was ready to give up but that's when I learned there were only six episodes for this first season. So I decided to tough it out and see if the next three hours of programming would get better. After episode five, I was getting curious about what would happen now that they've reached the CDC. I won't say the finale has hooked me because this is one of those shows I will more or less just forget come fall 2011 when new episodes would air. But the ending did leave enough unanswered questions to pique my interest.
Oh no, I'm so behind on your blog! I feel so special to have inspired all the haikus I see you've written, and I look forward to reading them all, haha!!
ReplyDelete