Thursday, November 18, 2010

Reading Fun Day

Nothing fancy today, but I wanted some me-time so I decided to visit a few wineries.  I started out at Rex Hill because someone who works for them keeps sending customers to me at Soléna and I wanted to let them know that I appreciate that.  I also wanted to check them out so I can return the favor and send people up their way.  Then I stopped for lunch at Abby's Legendary Pizza in Newberg.  It totally has that old-school Round Table Pizza feel.  I sat at the big fire pit in the middle of the restaurant and got a lot of reading done.  My next stop was visiting Eddie at Sokol Blosser to deliver half of my pizza leftovers for his lunch.  And finally I visited Domaine Drouhin (where I skillfully managed to spill chardonnay in my eye) and Archery Summit.  Not a shabby way to spend the day.

So the book I finished reading today is one that Stacy recommended a few months ago.  I ordered it from Barnes & Noble with some gift cards I received last year and decided it would be fun to read now.  China Lake is the first novel in the Evan Delaney series by Meg Gardiner.  The opening scene in the book features a crazy religious group protesting at a funeral of an AIDS victim.  This got me all hot and bothered with all of the protestors of the recent gay suicides.  I enjoyed reading this mystery and definitely look forward to the next in the series.  And I really enjoyed that half of the book is set in Santa Barbara so it was fun reading about the area since I know it fairly well.

No comments:

Post a Comment