Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Date Night, Part 1

Eddie and I skipped date night last week because I had two of them planned for this week.  I was invited to attend a special event for Yelp Elite members at Henry's tonight, so Eddie and I decided to check it out.  They were pouring New Deal vodka cocktails and Lompoc beers.  They were also giving away free food. We would have been stupid to turn this one down.  It was a two-hour event and we showed up an hour late so we crammed to get our food and drink on.  We also played a few rounds of pool during that hour.  Eddie kicked my butt, but it was a very fun night.

Then Eddie surprised me and treated me to a pretzel and round of beer at Deschutes.  We also took the opportunity to fill our growler so it was a great stop for us.  And then we stumbled out and started walking home.  Silly us thought it would be fun to walk up Burnside - and it was...  BUT...  We couldn't resist the call of Voodoo Doughnut.  Eddie got some plain thing but I branched out and tried the triple chocolate penetration (chocolate doughnut with chocolate frosting topped with Cocoa Puffs cereal).  Yeah.  It was one of the better decisions of the evening.

The rest of the stumble home was rather uneventful.  In fact, I don't remember much of it at all.  But that's the beauty of living within walking distance to all the fun stuff downtown.  So my media mention...  I discovered Hawaii Five-0 On Demand last week and started watching the episodes.  I have never seen the original show, but I tend to like police / crime shows so I thought I would enjoy this.  And I do.  I'm not really involved with the characters yet which is why my media mention is for the theme song and not the show itself.  I just love this song!  As soon as that drum intro starts up I am pumped and ready to hear the rest of the song.  Very cool.  Hopefully I can get more involved with the show as the weeks pass...

No comments:

Post a Comment