I had a fantastic time today. I started out working my first of two shifts at the Oregon Air Show in Hillsboro. My only task was to work one of the beer & wine tents so I knew I was going to have fun doing that. What I didn't know was that I'd be working on prime real estate - one of the tents facing the landing strip with awesome views of the entire air show. I don't remember the names of any of the planes I saw, but my favorite aircraft was this plane that could hover and move side-to-side just like a helicopter! I had never seen anything like it before. I worked my booth with two other gals who were fun to spend the day with. We were told that our booth was the busiest and made the most money. I was excited to come home with almost $50 in tips.
After the shift, I went out for a beer with one of the girls, Geneiva. She suggested meeting at Moon & Sixpence near her home in NE Portland. I was glad she suggested it because it was a great British Pub. We sat at one of the tables on the patio and enjoyed the live music they provided. Very chill atmosphere. But alas - I have no pictures of either event. Sorry.
To top it all off, today's media mention is lame. I picked up a copy of J.D. Robb / Nora Roberts' Fantasy in Death at PDX on my way to San Diego because it was one of the books on the read & return program. I bought it in such a hurry that I only had time to scan the back cover and read words like "murder" and "death" which is what tempted me to buy the book. But apparently I should have read closer to find out it is a futuristic story about a holographic game that can be programmed to kill people. Very bad read in my opinion.
No comments:
Post a Comment