Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Lost & Found

Oh my goodness!  I have been searching for this clip on the internet for years now and finally found it tonight.  I am so excited.  This is probably my favorite SNL moment.  It's a Mary Catherine Gallagher skit with Will Ferrell, Whitney Houston, Rosie O'Donnell and Penny Marshall.  You can watch it here.  I think it's funny that I had to find it on a Russian site.  But whatever works...  What got me thinking about it again today is that Hulu was advertising the newer SNL clip of "Motherlover" - the follow up to "Dick in a Box."  Both are pretty darn funny.

Keeping with the SNL theme, tonight's media mention will be the Chris Farley biography that I read a few months ago.  I picked it up at an airport and didn't really have high expectations for the book - mostly because I really didn't know anything about him besides a few classic skits on SNL (the Chippendales audition and the Matt Foley motivational speeches) and Tommy Boy.  The bio was very moving and made me fall in love with Chris Farley.  He was such a lovable guy and you just feel so bad for all the pain he was carrying around.

No comments:

Post a Comment