Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Inception

I got Eddie to see another movie today!  I think we have been to the movies more these past four months in Portland than we ever did during our four years together in Irvine.  It's scary but I think it's true.  I wanted to see Inception because of all they hype I saw about it on Facebook and Twitter.  And unlike Avatar, this plot seemed interesting - except for it being similar to The Matrix.  I didn't actually expect it to be as much like Matrix as it turned out to be, so that was a disappointment for me.  But it was still an entertaining film and the special effects were great.

I also have to take a moment to comment that Judge Walker announced his decision on California's Prop 8 and found it unconstitutional.  Yay.  A small victory in the right direction.  I still don't understand why supporters of Prop 8 are so passionate about this cause.  What does it matter to them if a gay couple wants to marry?  How does that destroy the institution of marriage?  Why do they feel so threatened by gay marriage?  I just don't get their side.

No comments:

Post a Comment