Another road trip for me! I drove 10 hours from Portland to meet up with my family in Truckee, CA for an extended weekend vacation. The highlight of my very long day was my pit stop for lunch at Klamath Basin Brewing Company in Klamath Falls, OR. Klamath Falls is the biggest city near the midpoint of this journey so I thought it was a good place to rest. I foolishly ordered a beer sampler hoping to get to have a few sips of a couple of different beers. Boy was I surprised when the lady came back with a huge tray of 11 big 5 ounce tasters. I didn't even put a dent in all that. But I had a sip or two of each one and decided I liked their IPA best. I forget what they had on their nitro tap, but that was also surprisingly good. The burger... Not so great. Didn't eat much of that either.
I really enjoyed the drive through Oregon and California (with a quick trip into Nevada too). It was kind of funny entering California twice and going through the agriculture inspection twice. But what kept me going was all my music. When I got bored with my CDs I checked out the ones my grandma left in her car (I was in the privileged situation of driving her Lexus for this trip - very smooth ride). I was pleasantly surprised to find she had Billy Joel's The Stranger in her CD player. I listened to it twice (back-to-back). I love nearly every song on the album and they are fun to sing along with - especially "Movin' Out (Anthony's Song) and "Only the Good Die Young." Give the album a listen if you haven't heard it in a while...
Why aren't you on Yelp??
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete