Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love

No real adventure today - just a media mention.  I had my first interview today for a part-time tasting room associate position at a winery in Yamhill.  When I got home from that I felt like being out of the house so I told Eddie I was heading out to catch a movie at Bridgeport.  I decided to see Eat, Pray, Love - the very first book I read in our new apartment in Oregon.  I didn't even know it was going to be a movie until two months ago.  I think the movie was excellent and I loved Richard Jenkins' portrayal of Richard from Texas.  Seeing the movie was both enlightening and sad.  It made me think about some of the things I've done right in my life, but mostly it made me focus on the mistakes I've made.  So I didn't care for that and I wound up crying through all three countries in her adventure.  But for all who have read the book, I highly recommend the film.

6 comments:

  1. Aw, how cute :) Well, I mean the crying. Not the mistakes part of the crying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. And you inspired me to sign up for Yelp so I'm on it now. I just never did it because I don't have a smart phone and I thought it would be a waste to have to wait til I got home to a computer to write about my food & drink adventures. But I'll give it a try...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a smartphone would be good for using Yelp to FIND a place to eat when you're out, and also for that feature where you get to "check in" to a place. But as far as writing the reviews, I mean sometimes I do that months later, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh..Heather. Just remember you only learn from your mistakes. And they really aren't mistakes, just bumps in the road. :)
    XO, Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  5. And Heather since you review so much about food, wine and adventures..you should definitely post some of your stuff on Yelp. I love yelp. I just wish it showed all my "check ins" on the site rather than just the iPhone version.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Mom. I'm trying to remember to write my food & wine reviews on Yelp. I'm about to review the places I went to today. I just wish I could add pictures more easily.

    ReplyDelete