Friday, July 16, 2010

Portland International Beerfest

Today was just an all-around great day.  Since I worked out inside a gym yesterday I wanted to get outside today and treat myself to a bike ride.  It wasn't much of a bike ride since I took care of so many errands while out, but I still had fun.  After my first errand I rode out to Cook Park in Tigard where I found a little bench overlooking the Tualatin River.  It was the perfect spot for me to have lunch and read my book.  I also had my first Fred Meyer shopping experience which was incredible.  It was exactly as I had anticipated (a souped-up Target with an actual grocery & produce section) but it was still amazing.  And just like Target...  I walked in intending to purchase only two things and left after spending more than $100.  But it was worth it.

The main event for the day was heading downtown for the Portland International Beerfest held in the North Park Blocks in the Pearl District.  I don't think Eddie and I tried any international beers tonight because all the local beers were so good.  The best part about this fest is that the admission we bought tonight is valid all weekend.  I probably won't actually return, but it's nice to know I can go back with my wristband and commemorative glass and get in for free whenever I feel like it.

I did something special for today's media mention.  I read Natalie Babbit's Tuck Everlasting - my all-time favorite book.  My aunt read this book in college and passed it down to me when she finished her class thinking I would enjoy the story.  I think I was in fifth or sixth grade when she gave it to me.  I absolutely fell in love with this story and made it a point to read the book at least once year all through high school.  I don't think I ever read it once during college so it was a very nice experience to pick it up after a decade and read it again.  It's a very quick read - just over 100 pages and it tells the sweetest story.  I also finally watched the movie the other day so the story has been on my mind.  This is one book I will never, ever get tired of reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment