The drive back was mostly uneventful. We stopped for breakfast in Boise at Moon's Kitchen Cafe. It is located just two blocks from the state capitol building which is beautiful. Service was slow, but the cafe was really cute and the food delicious. I had the french toast special for $6.95 (2 slices french toast, two eggs, and two big strips of smoked bacon). After breakfast we walked to the capitol building to take a picture.
After gassing up in Boise I put on one of my road trip compilation CDs. I have a bunch of them in my car and have no idea what's on any of them since I haven't listened to them in years. Funnily, I picked the CD that opens with Lynryd Skynrd's "What's Your Name." The first line in that song happens to be "Well, it's 8 o'clock in Boise, Idaho" and I just started laughing at that. I don't think I could have planned that better. Justine and I tried thinking of other Idaho-related songs but only came up with B-52's "Private Idaho" and unfortunately neither of us had access to the song at the time.
We eventually made it home safe and sound. I was tired but met Eddie for dinner at Deschutes Brewery in downtown Portland. I actually had a really awesome hamburger but it never occurred to me to take a picture for the blog. Drat. It was really good. The meat was tender and cooked perfectly medium rare. I'll be back though and get a picture then.
No comments:
Post a Comment