Eddie and I finished writing our Christmas cards tonight so we'll get those in the mail in the morning. Hopefully some of them will arrive at their destination before Christmas. Maybe. Hopefully. Even though Eddie and I agreed to not exchange gifts this year, he surprised me with a hastily-wrapped gift. I was going to wait until the actual holiday to open it, but then Eddie enticed me to open it tonight by saying it was something I could start using immediately. It was a tabletop deep fryer for the kitchen. So really a gift for the both of us, for our home. We used our new mandolin and sliced up a potato and made yummy garlic parmesan french fries. Yeah, that was a good dinner.
I meant to be productive tonight and pick up around the house and start packing early. I was even going to do laundry. But no. I passed out on the couch after dinner. I woke up after Eddie had gone to bed and watched an episode of Law & Order: Criminal Intent before falling back asleep. This was my least favorite of the Law & Order franchise - until L&O: Los Angeles started to air this season. I'm going to keep up with LA and hope it gets better. As of now, I'm nearly done with the 3rd season of CI. Most people don't like the show because of Vincent D'Onofrio. But I actually like his quirky character. My issue is Kathryn Erbe. Not her as an actress, but her character and how stupid she is made out to be - especially when solving crimes alongside her partner. But I must add that I have started to enjoy the last few episodes in the third series - Stephen Colbert even appears in one. Hopefully the later seasons continue to get better.
No haiku tonight
I have no inspiration
My brain is empty
Hmm... I was really going to skip the haiku tonight since I was feeling uninspired. And then I wrote a haiku about not being able to write a haiku. Reminds me of The Treachery of Images - only mine really is a haiku - at least in the way they are taught in American schools.
No comments:
Post a Comment