Eddie and I turned lunch into today's adventure. We drove out to Camas, WA to check out Twilight Pizza & Bistro because I have been curious to try them ever since I started following them on Twitter. Their menu looked good for a pizza parlor and we were pleased to see their decent (yet slightly over-priced) selection of good beers. We shared the cheese bread appetizer, Eddie ordered a lunch portion pasta, and I ordered a slice of pizza. They let you custom order your pizza-by-the-slice which I found interesting. I haven't seen that at other pizza parlors - normally you can only choose a pre-made slice of cheese, pepperoni, or some veggie option. Twilight does things differently. $3.00 gets you a base slice of pizza with pizza sauce and cheese and then you choose up to four toppings which vary in price from $0.50 to $1.00. I ordered a pepperoni and olive slice for $4.75. I thought that was a reasonable price for the size of my slice. I wound up taking half of it home since I couldn't eat all that food.
After lunch we walked around 4th Street / the historic downtown district, but didn't find anything fun to do. Eddie had seen the Chamber of Commerce near where we parked so we checked with them to see if they had information on English Estate Winery. Eddie had seen a sign for them off the freeway so the lady at the CoC gave us their phone number and driving directions. It's a good thing we called first because they are only open on the weekends. Cancel that plan.
We were nearly all the way home when I suggested going apartment hunting. Eddie and I have been talking about moving to Portland when our lease ends in October because we think it would be fun to live in the city and be exposed to more nightlife and fun things. We had been checking out one tower apartment building online and since we were driving near there anyway we decided to check it out. It's a pretty apartment but much smaller than what we're used to. And there's almost no counter space in the kitchen and it doesn't even have a pantry. Those things aren't critical for me to have, but we do have a lot of stuff currently in our kitchen and I think it would be hard to downsize. But this might be the only place we can afford in that neighborhood so we'll see what happens.
I apologize for not having any pictures today but I forgot to take my camera with us when we ran out the door so my picture for the media mention will just have to suffice. I started reading the Dexter series last year. I had never seen the show because we haven't had Showtime but I had seen previews and knew it sounded interesting to me. Plus I like Michael C. Hall from Six Feet Under. Anyhoo... I found the books by accident one time at Barnes & Noble last year and fell in love with our dark hero, Dexter. These books are part of the reason I joined Netflix - because I realized I could start renting the show. I have only seen the first two seasons because that's all Netflix has made available for online streaming but I look forward to continuing with the series very soon. Back to the book... I'm finding this third book not quite as enjoyable as the first two but I'm still curious to turn the pages and find out where Dexter's dark passenger has disappeared to. I need to get caught up because the fifth and newest installment in the book series is set to be released in a few days.
There's always Ikea furniture for the new apt!
ReplyDelete