Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Have You Forgotten?

This media mention is coming a few weeks late because I never got around to watching this Hulu recommendation until tonight.  Forgive me for showing the incorrect image, but the selection of Tom Brokaw results on Amazon is pretty slim.  I watched Tom Brokaw Reports - 9/11: The Skies Over America.  This first aired five years after the day of the attacks and it is a great documentary that focuses on the air traffic controllers who were the first people on ground to figure out what was going on that day.  It was really interesting to see the timeline and how the controllers were able to piece together what was actually going on.  I strongly recommend watching this on Hulu (which currently has no expiration date so it should be up for quite a while).  It is especially relevant to my extended family of dispatcher and police friends.

And finally...  The title of this blog comes from the Darryl Worley song of the same name.  Please take a few minutes to read the lyrics here.  Ignore the grammatical / spelling errors and focus on the story.  I still tear up anytime I hear it...

No comments:

Post a Comment