Tonight I got my redneck on and went to a WCWC wrestling show - no joke! My friend, Tom, has been into wrestling since I've known him (about eight years). In that time I have only seen him wrestle twice - once at practice and the other time at a live show. But at that show he was badly injured during his ladder match and I missed it all because I was coming late from work. So tonight was a great change to actually see him wrestle for an audience and defend his ACW World Title.
Let me tell you that I had such a blast! I started getting into WWE wrestling about nine years ago - thanks to my last boyfriend. So I've always enjoyed knowing that Tom wrestles; hence why I was able to have such a great time tonight. I never once stopped grinning during the show. They had some really good characters that were fun & silly and very easy to like. I was disappointed to learn that "Tommy" was the bad guy in his match, but he makes for a fun and likable bad guy - that could very well be a biased opinion since I know him.
After the show the fans and the wrestlers went to the local Round Table Pizza who was one of the main sponsors for tonight's event. Eddie was able to meet up with us there and we shared good pizza, beer, and stories. I am so happy to know that "Tommy" will be making more wrestling performances in Portland so I'll be seeing more of him now.
To change the subject a bit, tonight's media mention is going to be another one of my "bad" summer TV series I was telling you about. I started watching Persons Unknown because the original cryptic advertisements drew me in. I was under the impression it would be a summer miniseries event; much like last year's Harper's Island (which I loved). PU (hehe) fell short in the overall plot, character development, and wrapping things up in the finale. After doing some research on my end though, it appears that maybe the finale was a bit of a cliffhanger because it wasn't actually intended to be a miniseries and should actually have the story continue. Like I said, this fell short of my expectations, but that didn't stop me from keeping up with the show each week. Make of that what you want...

No comments:
Post a Comment