Today is a first. I actually have things to write about but no pictures to accompany the story. :-( The first part of my day was rather lazy. I was pretty emotionally drained and spent my day resting on the couch catching up on some TV shows and reading my book. Eddie invited me to the Sokol Blosser employee barbecue around noon so that's when I started to get my butt in gear. I took a nap, then had lunch, hit the gym, then got ready for the bbq. I listened to an old CD during my drive to the winery and heard "The Weight" by The Band. This is a song I hadn't heard in several years so I played it on continuous loop all the way to the winery (and all the way home). I just love the vocals in this song - not that they're incredible, but I can't help but sing along when I hear it - and it's simple beat. This put me in a great mood for the barbecue which was really nice. All of Eddie's co-workers are so friendly and they all had wonderful things to say about working at the winery.
I had to leave the event early and miss out on frisbee golf because Shaunna and her mom were driving down to visit. I met them at Juan Colorado and Shaunna announced she accepted a job in Guatemala and will be leaving on Tuesday! I am so sad to see her go because I was looking forward to having all of these great Seattle & Portland adventures with her. But I am so happy for and proud of her because this is a fantastic opportunity.
Funny little story about "The Weight." I first heard this song on my classic rock station in the Bay Area so naturally I wanted to download it so I could play it at my leisure. This was one of the first songs I ever tried downloading - back when that was a new thing and probably right after we got DSL so it seemed the ultra cool thing to do. I never found the song though. Probably because the group is simply called The Band and I wasn't even sure if the song title was weight or wait. It wasn't until I got to college and we had better downloading programs (and a T1 connection) that I finally found it and made the CD I listened to today.
No comments:
Post a Comment